Athena (puppy), and I saw a huge Raccon run up a tree the other night around 9:30pm, storms had come through that day and very windy this Feb day (Temp maybe 58?), we went to investigate Racoon. While glancing down with my flashlight, I saw what looked to be a mole, I touched it with my foot to hear "yeek, yeek, yeek,!! Dog freaks out as animals do when they here that cry and attacks! However, before she got a hold of the yelping whatever I intervened, I picked frightened animal up to find it to be the most adorable baby(brown)squirrel! I took her inside wiped her off and put heating blanket in box with some stuffing used for padding of throw pillows (seemed closest thing to fur). Went back outside to investigate Racoon, then noticed dog very intrigued, she barks and maybe 10 yrds from where we found first baby Squirrel there was her brother hidding in some Spider Plants and mulch, right under the tree where the Racoon had went up earlier. I brought him inside as well and cl! eaned him all up(surely they were soon to die from either exposure or predators, I saw a stray cat lurking around about an hour before discovering these two, so there may have been three) I reunited them both and cuddled with them several times that night. I put a stuffed animal in the box and a clock (I had heard if you do this it makes the babies less anxious, somehow it can be inturpreted as its parent and the clocks persitant tic tock acts as a the "substitutional" parents heartbeat. I really didnt ...
0 comments: